4.29.2010

I'm an Intern!!!

Wow it has been a LONG time. School got crazy and blogging was definitely not on the top of my priority list... but I'm back! And I just found out last night that I got the summer book publishing and editing internship at Deseret Book!! I am pretty dang excited. It was kind of a nerve-wracking and long applying/testing/interviewing process. I seriously feel like I've been waiting forever to find out and the entire time I kept thinking "oh no I want this way too much" so I can't believe I actually got it!
But anyways, the internship is at the corporate offices downtown, right across from temple square, so that's fun except that parking will be a nightmare. I'll probably end up taking trax which is also a pain in the butt, but better than parking. I'll be working on books in a lot of different stages of editing and publication. I'm sure most of the stuff I do will be the tedious jobs everyone else doesn't want to do like proofreading and copyediting and running random errands, but L. and S., the chief and assistant editors seem awesome and really interested in helping me learn. It's an unpaid internship (a.k.a. legal slavery) but it will look awesome on my résumé and hopefully help me get a job someday. Someday meaning in about a year... am I really that old?? I just can't help but think of season six of Gilmore Girls when Rory gets an internship and is so excited she can barely think or talk or sleep. (Is it sad that I somewhat measure my life against two fictional characters from a TV show? Yeah, didn't think so).
As for the rest of my life, it's pretty uneventful. Just moved to a much smaller (and cheaper) apartment for the spring. Still nannying. And everything's just great. I'm an intern. Haha I just love how that sounds. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment