2.04.2011

Happiness

Sometimes, I remember that I'm actually a happy person and wonder what on earth has been going on inside of me. Today is one of those times. Happiness has nothing to do with the actual facts of your life. Happy people are not necessarily rich or comfortable or educated. Happiness is something you create. It's something you have to grow inside of you. And if you forget to water your happiness it starts to wilt. Today I thought of all the things I'm grateful for, and of all the wonderful people in my life who love me and accept me for exactly who I am, quirks and faults and all. I thought of the things that make me happy, like Abbie Spencer who is the most vivacious 5-year-old, and new sweatpants that feel like clouds on the inside, and novels that make me think about the world I live in, and chocolate (especially dark), and I remembered that the world is truly a beautiful place. So what if it's 2 degrees outside, my insides feel like 80 degrees and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment